- What's New?
- Change of Supplier of Scout Uniform Items
- UN International Day of People with Disability
- Duchess Prepared for New Adventure
- Winners of Scouts Oz App Competition Announced on Founders Day
- Top five reasons kids should join Scouts
- Appointment of New National Coordinators
- Andrew Lock Expands Horizons from Mountaineering to All Adventurous Activities
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Scouts Australia Teaches kids Important life Skills
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Project Commissioner - Partnerships
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Photo Galleries
Apply Now for Australian Youth Ambassador for Development position Commencing July/ August 2012.
Deadline For Applications: Friday, 24 February 2012
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 24 FEBRUARY 2012
Applications are now invited for the Australian Youth Ambassador for Development position commencing July/August 2012
YOUTH PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
This 12 month position is classified as ‘volunteer’ however travel, settlement, training, living and accommodation allowances are paid.
The Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development (AYAD) Program sends young Australians aged 18-30 on short term volunteer assignments (3-12 months) throughout Asia, the Pacific and Africa. These assignments are part of the Australian Volunteers for International Development program, an Australian Government AusAID initiative.
More information on the AYAD Program, including allowances, in country support as well as safety and security can be found on their website www.ayad.com.au
More information on this particular position and application details can be found at http://www.ayad.com.au/assignments?AyaCode=34ET-A08
Description of the Host Organisation:
União Nacional dos Escuteiros de Timor-Leste (UNE-TL) is the National Scout Organisation of Timor-Leste. Scouting has existed in Timor-Leste since 1972, however UNE-TL was only established in 2005 following the amalgamation of two existing movements. UNE-TL has over forty groups nation-wide, and has strong ties to both the school system and the Catholic Church. UNE-TL provides youth-development and outdoor education activities for young people aged from six to twenty-six, in accordance with the fundamental principles of Scouting. It is an educational movement using non-formal methods focusing on the development of life skills. The AYAD will work with the UNE-TL National Council and National Office. Members of the National Council are Volunteer Commissioners elected for three year terms to manage Scouting across the country. The National Office, which will have two full-time employees, is responsible for managing the business and administrative side of the movement. The AYAD will be based there, but will also work in close partnership with the relevant commissioners, particularly the Youth Program Commissioner and the Adult Training and Development Commissioner.
União Nacional dos Escuteiros de Timor Leste (UNE-TL) is at an important point in its history. It aims to be ready to submit its application for membership of the World Scout Movement (WOSM) in 2013. In this regard, a National Office has been established and a membership census has been conducted. The next steps in this membership process include the development of the regional administrative structure, the consolidation of a national youth program and the establishment of a national training team. Scouts Australia has a significant supporting role in the achievement of these goals. The AYAD will help UNE-TL work directly towards the goal of WOSM membership. The AYAD will work in consultation with the Youth Program Commissioner, the Adult Program and Training Commissioner and National Office staff to develop a National Youth Program and Badgework scheme with supporting materials including handbooks, badgework criteria, leader training manuals. This will build on existing programs from the former Timorese Scout Movements, as well as extensive resources available from Scouts Australia and WOSM. The AYAD will also be involved in supporting the consolidation of the regional administrative structure and assisting UNE-TL consult with groups, produce supporting documents, and refine duty statements for regional level volunteers. The AYAD will also be involved with supporting day-to-day office activities, including facilitating improvements in communications. This may include developing a newsletter and maintaining website and social media sites. The AYAD will also develop systems to maintain membership records.
Assignment Outcomes to build Host Organisation Capacity:
• Build organisational capacity to develop and implement a Youth Program
• Improve consolidation of Regional Structure of Scouts Timor-Leste
• Improve the census database
• Build communications and marketing capacity
Essential Minimum Experience required by the AYAD:
• Experience in a leadership role including youth program delivery within Scouting or similar outdoor recreation youth development organisation (e.g. Girl Guides, Cadets, outdoor education)
• Camp craft skills
• Experience working with youth
• Knowledge of Scouting Fundamentals and Scouting Program, including Badgework scheme
• Demonstrated communications and marketing skills
• Willingness to learn Tetum
• First Aid training and qualifications
Description of Assignment Location:
This assignment will be located in Becora, East Dili, the capital of Timor-Leste. Dili is situated on the north-west coast of Timor-Leste with a population of about two hundred thousand people. Dili is one of thirteen districts of Timor-Leste, and is located in a valley which meets the sea, surrounded by mountain ranges. Dili has a large expatriate community and access to many services. There may be a need to travel to the districts for consultation with Scout groups and as part of the process of regional structure consolidation. This cost will be shared by UNE-TL and Scouts Australia.
Information on Accommodation Options:
Assistance with the identification of suitable, secure and affordable accommodation will be provided by the In-country Manager and Host Organisation. Note that AYAD volunteers must stay in accommodation which is assessed and deemed safe and secure by the program Security Adviser.
Scouts Australia and AYAD
Scouts Australia is an Australian Partner Organisation with AYAD. By promoting and supporting this AYAD project, Scouts Australia is furthering its commitment to Scouting in Timor-Leste. This position is managed by AYAD and applications are open to members of the general public who are not necessarily members of Scouts Australia.
Scouts Australia is committed to supporting its members who wish to take up this opportunity. Therefore, it is requested that all interested parties contact the International Office for more information, as well as to confirm support for their applications.
Please note the AYAD Program reserves the right to withdraw this volunteer assignment at any stage of the selection process.
The Deadline for applications is 24th February 2012. Expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com