- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
Enter the Volunteering Video Competition and Win!
The Australian Government’s National Volunteering Strategy is running a Volunteering Video Competition for Young People which invites young Australians aged 15 to under 25 years, either individually or as a group, to create a video which promotes ways for young people to be involved in their community, capturing the enjoyment, fun and social interaction that volunteering brings. The rate of youth volunteering is below the national average and needs to be better supported and encouraged.
The theme for the competition is "Your Passion, Our Nation. Volunteer Now!"
Through this competition, young people can showcase some of the benefits of volunteering:
- Shaping and supporting your community;
- Gaining and enhancing practical skills and experience;
- Helping others and giving something back to your community;
- Gaining satisfaction from taking practical action to build a better world;
- Having fun with others outside traditional responsibilities like school, uni, TAFE and work.
Entrants to the competition will be divided into two age groups:
Category A - Aged 15 to under 18 years
Category B - Aged 18 to under 25 years
Entrants are required to submit a 30 to 60 second audiovisual advertisement to promote volunteering to young people. Video entries will be vetted by the Office for the Not-for-Profit Sector to ensure they meet the competition eligibility criteria. Eligible submissions may be published online on the Competition website. For more information on how to enter click here.
Canon 5D Mark II video kit which includes a Camera, Canon 24-105mm f4L lens, Rode Video Mic Pro, Dead Cat and more.
The deadline for video submissions is 22 July.