The Australian Scout Environment Charter
A Scout cares for the environment by:
- Caring for plants and animals, protecting and conserving threatened species.
- Protecting the environment by disposing of litter thoughtfully to preserve the naturalness and beauty of the landscape.
- Conserving our non-renewable resources for the benefit of future generations.
- Striving to reduce, reuse, recycle and recover all of our resources.
- Assisting in the reduction of impacts that change the Earth’s natural processes.
- Taking part in activities and projects that encourage education through nature and the environment, learning about nature and environment, and action for nature and environment.
- Enjoying nature in all its beauty and encouraging others to do the same.
- Thinking globally and acting locally.