- What's New?
- About Us
- Our People
- Chief Scout
- National President
- Chief Commissioner
- Chairman, NEC
- National Chief Executive
- International Commissioner
- National Commissioner Youth Program
- National Commissioner, Adult Training and Development; Principal, SAIT
- National Adviser for Environment
- National Youth Council Chair
- National Adviser - National Youth Council and National Forums
- National Adviser for Special Needs
- Deputy Principal (Adventurous Activities) SAIT
- Deputy Principal (Academic) SAIT
- National Office Staff
- Mission, Aim & Principles
- Organisation Chart
- National Management
- Annual Report
- Brand Manual, Digital Guidelines & Logos
- National Advertising
- Famous Scouts
- Contact Us
- Our People
- Join the Adventure!
- Joey Scouts (6-7)
- Cub Scouts (*8-10)
- Scouts (*11-14)
- Venturer Scouts (*15-17)
- Rover Scouts (18-25)
- Adult volunteers
- Former Scouts
- Scouts Australia Institute of Training (SAIT)
- Adult Training & Development Policy
- Training Program & General Course Information
- Scouts Australia Qualifies Members in Industry Recognised Outdoor Rec skills!
- International Scouting
- Scouting & the Environment
- Environment Partners & Events
- World Scout Environment Badge
- Environment Charter
- Scout Environment Weeks
- Resources & Links
- Environment Competitions & Projects
- News, Info and Links
- National Projects & Partners
- Lord Baden-Powell Society
- National Youth Program
- Award Schemes
- National Rover Council
- National Youth Council
- Scouts Australia Undertakes A Youth Program Review
- Scouts of the World Award
- Performing Arts in Scouting
- 2014 Mawson Scholarship Application Forms Now Open!
- AV2015 - 16th Australian Venture
- Calling all Leaders of Youth! We need your help with improving our publications!
- Resources & Information for Members
- Product & Publication Catalogue
- Online Library
- Youth Voice
- Leader Resources
- Award Schemes & Badge Diagrams
- Get Connected
- Rovering Towards 2020
- Scout Wiki
- Scouts Oz App
- Donations & Payments
- Photo Galleries
- BTC - Bullying, it's not part of Scouting
Rovering Towards 2020
Scouts Australia conducts a national review of each Section every eight years or so in order to ensure that the youth program remains dynamic and relevant.
The purpose of the Rovering Towards 2020 team is to critically review the current Rover program and make recommendations to Scouts Australia's National Operations Committee to ensure that Rovering contributes to the education of young adults through a value system based on the Promise and Law, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
The Scouts Australia youth program aims to achieve this personal growth by providing young people with opportunities for new experiences and adventure using the Scout Method, and we all know that it’s FUN as well!!! Rovering Towards 2020 will ensure that the Rover program is consistent with this nationwide (and, indeed, worldwide) approach to Scouting.
Rovering Towards 2020 Team
We are a team of volunteers committed to conducting a professional, considered and objective review of the Scouts Australia Rover program in consultation with current and former Scouting members and the wider community.
- Graeme Fordham - National Project Commissioner, Partnerships (Chair)
- Kathryn Edwards - National Manager Secretariat Services (Executive Officer- non-voting)
- Reg Williams - Chief Commissioner of Australia (ex-officio)
- John Clarke - National Commissioner Youth Program (convenor)
- Daniel Smith - BRC Chair, Scouts WA / former National Rover Council Chair 2010-2011
- Craig Whan - former BC Rovers Victoria (now Region Commissioner)
- Matt Rigter - Scouts ACT
- Alison Maynard - Scouts NSW
- Sera Harris - Mission Australia
Rovering Towards 2020 newsletter
Click on the images to download, or email email@example.com to join the mailing list.
If you'd like to tell us what you think about Rovering now and how it should look in the future, or if you'd like to subscribe to the Rovering Towards 2020 newsletter, email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with all the latest news and research, and make sure you don't miss out on Rovering Towards 2020 surveys and forums!