Scouts has been around for over 100 years, when it was first founded in the UK in 1907. Since then Scouting has evolved into a worldwide movement of nearly 50 million young people and adult volunteers and is welcoming of all genders. Scouting provides young people, guided by adult volunteers, the opportunities to participate in programs, events, activities and projects that contribute to their growth as active citizens. Over the course of the program, we provide increasing opportunities for our members to take the initiative with ‘youth leading, adult supporting’ one of our fundamental goals.
We provide an experience that is all about connecting with the outdoors; building new and existing friendships; learning new skills; and helping create a better world.
Explore Our Sections
Scouts Australia provides fun youth development activities, building resilient and confident boys and girls aged 5 to 25 in the Joey Scout, Cub Scout, Scout, Venturer Scout and Rover Scout Sections. We also welcome adult volunteer Scout Leaders. Scouts has opportunities for the whole family to be involved. Everyone is welcome, and we value the diversity of our members. Find out more about the Section of Scouting that is best for you here.
Scouts Australia is a 70,000 strong organisation and is part of the 40million member World Organisation of the Scout Movement.
Our Vision: Through shared values, by 2023, Scouting will be the leading youth development Movement in Australia, empowering 83,000 young people to be resilient, self-fulfilled positive change makers in their community.
Find out more about our organisation, our values, our strategy for the future and our leadership teams here.
Child Safe Scouting
The number one priority for Scouts Australia is child safe Scouting.
- All Leaders are thoroughly screened, undergo the relevant State checks, and must hold a valid, verified Working with Children check.
- Adult Leaders receive comprehensive, ongoing training across a range of subjects including leadership, WHS, and child protection.
- At least one person trained in first aid attends all major events.
- At least two adults are present at all meetings and events.
- We will liaise with you to ensure we have the information necessary to cater for your child’s individual medical, physical and dietary requirements.
- All Scouts Australia Branches have teams of people responsible for child safety who action any concerns that parents or children may have regarding safety.
For more information read our National Child Protection Policy.