Diploma of Leadership and Management
The Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
There are a broad range of learning pathways in Scouts Australia that can provide learning and experiences that align and will provide evidence towards either some or all of the requirements of the Diploma of Leadership and Management. Further information is available in the Diploma of Leadership and Management Candidate Information.
Some examples of experiences that will provide some evidence include:.
- Axe and Log Advanced Management Program
- Develop, Implement and Evaluate Strategies for Leadership Programs
- Promote and Review Scouting Skills, Knowledge and Values
- Members who are in the management team for events. (MOOT, Jamboree, Venture, Cuboree)
- International contingent leaders
- Adult members in Commissioner and other supporting roles
- Advanced Training of Trainers
- Need to provide copies of the evidence that you are using for your recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.
- After evidence is provided an Assessor will be assigned who will assess your evidence and work with you to address any gaps against the requirements of the qualification.