Training and Assessment credentials
Training and Assessment Credentials
SAIT Assessors, Assistant Leader Trainers, Leader Trainers and Guides along with some other members of Scouting occasionally ask about completing the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment via the Scouts Australia Registered Training Organisation.
The Scouts Australia Institute of Training has a range of Skill Sets available from the Training and Education Training Package and all of the core units of competency and sufficient elective units from the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment are available resulting in the ability for members to readily convert their Scouting experiences into a qualification.
Typical Scouting Pathway
Experiences and learning received through participation in Scouting, aligns to the requirements of units of competency and Skill Sets from the Training and Education Training Package. Any member of Scouts Australia who has sufficient evidence can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Typical pathways that enables collection of valid evidence are;
|Participation and roles in Scouting
|Provides some evidence towards aligned units of competency
Completing the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
The Scouts Australia RTO does not have the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment on scope and cannot issue you with this qualification.
- At any time you can gain Statements of Attainment for the components you have evidence for.
- The pathways in Scouting that enable completion of all of the relevant units of competency that are in the qualification will typically take most members about five (5) years to complete the relevant requirements.
- Having completed individual components over a number of years you can receive a transcript that meets all of the requirements of the current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- You can take your Statements of Attainment and use these for Credit Transfer with any number of registered training organisations that offer the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Assessment through SAIT is based on the provision of a portfolio of evidence and professional conversations may be used to attest to a competency or authenticate evidence provided. A portfolio of evidence may comprise of:
- Scout Portfolio (Youth program achievements or adult training and volunteer experiences)
- A logbook of training and assessment experiences (When you assisted, led and what you trained and or assessed)
- Completion of other Qualifications
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV/Resume) and third party referees
- Evidence against specific criteria for each unit of competency